Sunday, August 24, 2014

#RPGaDAY - Day 24: Most Complicated RPG Owned

I like simple games. Ones that I don't have to keep looking things up on charts, tables and supplements. Maybe that's why I've always gone for simple systems that you can remember what to do pretty easily - Ghostbusters, Star Wars D6, World of Darkness, Unisystem and so on...

It doesn't mean I haven't bought or tried many incredibly complex game systems in the past.


The worst culprit in my recollection is Space Opera.

The whole game just seemed to be a mass of charts, tables and pages, upon pages, of character creation and combat rules. Just rolling up a character took multiple evenings, and it just put us off completely.

However, it's not a game I've ever owned, I only spent hours generating a character in my youth...

No, the winner of this title for Day 24 of #RPGaDAY is an edition of a game I used to play a LOT as a kid, that became far, far, FAR too complicated for me to ever consider playing, even though I bought the posh slipcase of the rulebooks.

No comments: