Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is all that we see or seem...

...but a dream within a dream?

I've been without a blog for a while now. It kinda felt strange. I had a few blogs, one was "What is Aegis Prime?" that chronicled my working on Conspiracy X 2.0 for Eden Studios. I had a real blast working on that game, and have written the four main core rulebooks for the Unisystem version of the game, but alas, nothing really seemed to be happening with the books... the second one made it to PDF, but not to print, so I closed that blog down.

My other blog wasn't really a blog, more an online publication of my attempt at writing fiction. Called "The Case of Lost Possibilities", it focused on a strange lead character struggling to stay awake after sixty hours, running away from shadowy forces that may have been entirely in his mind, who were after a mysterious briefcase that held anything. It was a quantum entity - Schroedinger's Suitcase if you will. It could contain anything, and did contain anything until someone opened it and quantified its contents. It was a little surreal, but I thought I'd stop releasing it online as it did get a little raunchy towards the middle.

So, why a blog now?

I just wanted to keep a record of ideas, inspirations and general weirdness while I worked on my new RPG - WILD.

WILD is a bit of a departure for me, as I've worked mostly on other people's ideas. My first attempt at RPG writing was for Ghostbusters, and since then I've really worked either on other people's RPGs (All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Conspiracy X) or on licensed properties (Army of Darkness, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who).

WILD is all mine. Not a licensed game, and while it draws from a number of inspirations, the setting and rules are all my creation.

What's it about? It's odd, but I hope that the title will explain it all...

WILD isn't a word. It's an Acronym...

Wake Initiated Lucid Dream

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Glad to see you blogging again. Look forward to reading more about, and eventually playing, WILD.